(1) For paragraph 1017DA(1)(a) of the Act, the trustee of a regulated superannuation fund (other than a self managed superannuation fund) may provide fund information for the fund, mentioned in Subdivision 5.6 of this Part, to a holder by making it available on a website that is maintained by or on behalf of the trustee.
(2) The trustee must ensure that the fund information is readily accessible from the website.
(3) For the first financial year or reporting period in which the trustee makes the fund information available on the website under this regulation, the trustee must:
(a) notify each holder that the fund information is available on the website; and
(b) explain how to access the website; and
(c) notify the holder that the holder may elect to have a hard copy, or electronic copy if it is available, of the fund information sent to him or her free of charge.
(4) The information in subregulation (3) must be provided to the holder in one document.
(5) If a holder elects to have a hard copy or electronic copy of the fund information sent to him or her, the trustee must, for each subsequent financial year or reporting period, send the fund information for the financial year or reporting period to the holder, in that form, until the holder notifies the trustee that a hard copy is no longer required.
(6) If a holder does not elect to have a hard copy or electronic copy sent to him or her, the trustee must comply with paragraphs (3)(a) and (b) each year.
(7) The notification mentioned in subregulations (3) and (6) may be included in other information or materials sent to the holder.