(1) The object of these Rules is to assist the just, efficient and economical resolution of proceedings.
(2) In accordance with the objects of the Act, the Rules aim to help the Court:
• to operate as informally as possible
• to use streamlined processes
• to encourage the use of appropriate dispute resolution procedures.
(3) The Court will apply the Rules in accordance with their objects.
(4) To assist the Court, the parties must:
• avoid undue delay, expense and technicality
• consider options for primary dispute resolution as early as possible.
(5) If appropriate, the Court will help to implement primary dispute resolution.