(1) This rule applies to a period of time fixed by these Rules or by a judgment, decree, order or any document in a proceeding.
(2) If a period of more than 1 day is to be calculated by reference to a particular day or event, the particular day or the day of the event must not be counted.
(3) If a period of 5 days or less would, but for this subrule, include a day when the registry is closed, that day must not be counted.
(4) If the last day for taking an action that requires attendance at a registry is a day when the registry is closed, the action may be taken on the next day when the registry is open.
(5) Subsection 36(2) of the Acts Interpretation Act 1901 does not apply to these Rules.