Commonwealth Numbered Acts
[Search this Act]
AUSTRALIAN SECURITIES AND INVESTMENTS COMMISSION ACT 2001 - SECT 19
Notice requiring appearance for examination
(1) This section applies where ASIC, on reasonable grounds, suspects or
believes that a person can give information relevant to a matter that it is
investigating, or is to investigate, under Division 1.
(2) ASIC may, by written notice in the prescribed form given to the person,
require the person:
- to give to ASIC all reasonable assistance in
connection with the investigation; and
- to appear before a specified member or staff member for examination on
oath and to answer questions.
(3) A notice given under subsection (2) must:
- state the general
nature of the matter referred to in subsection (1); and
- set out the effect of subsection 23(1) and section 68.
AustLII: Copyright Policy