Commonwealth Numbered Acts
[Search this Act]
CORPORATIONS ACT 2001 No. 50, 2001 - SECT 1001A
Continuous disclosurelisted disclosing entities
(1) This section applies to a listed disclosing entity if provisions of the
listing rules of a securities exchange:
- apply to the entity; and
- require the entity to notify the securities exchange of information about
specified events or matters as they arise for the purpose of the securities
exchange making that information available to a stock market conducted by the
(2) The disclosing entity must not contravene those provisions by
intentionally, recklessly or negligently failing to notify the securities
exchange of information:
- that is not generally available; and
- that a reasonable person would expect, if it were generally available, to
have a material effect on the price or value of ED securities of the entity.
(3) A contravention of subsection (2) is only an offence if the failure
concerned is intentional or reckless.
(4) For the purposes of the application of this section to a listed disclosing
entity that is an undertaking to which interests in a registered scheme
relate, the obligation of the entity not to contravene provisions as mentioned
in subsection (2) is an obligation of the responsible entity.
AustLII: Copyright Policy