(1) Subject to subsection (3), this Act has the same effect, after the commencement, as it would have if:
(2) Without limiting subsection (1) (but subject to subsection (3)), if a transitional provision of the old Corporations Law of a State or Territory in this jurisdiction could, if it had continued in force after the commencement, have operated to give rise to rights and liabilities (including civil or criminal liabilities) in relation to acts or omissions occurring after the commencement, this Act is taken to include that transitional provision (with such modifications (if any) as are necessary.
(3) The regulations may determine how a matter dealt with in a transitional provision of the old Corporations Law of a State or Territory in this jurisdiction is to be dealt with under or in relation to the new corporations legislation (including by creating offences). The regulations have effect despite subsections (1) and (2), but subject to subsection (5).
(4) For the purpose of determining whether the new corporations legislation includes a provision that corresponds to a provision of the old corporations legislation of a State or Territory, and for the purpose of any reference in this part to a corresponding provision of the new corporations legislation, this Act is taken to include the transitional provisions of the old corporations legislation of the States and Territories, as they have effect because of subsections (1) and (2). (5) Nothing in subsection (1) or (2), or in regulations made for the purposes of subsection (3), is taken to produce a result that a right or liability exists under a transitional provision as it has effect because of subsection (1) or (2), or exists under regulations made for the purposes of subsection (3), that relates solely to events, circumstances or things that occurred before the commencement.
(6) Subject to subsection (7), for the purposes of this section, a transitional provision is any of the provisions of the old Corporations Laws of the States and Territories in this jurisdiction listed in the following table.
|Transitional provisions of old Corporations Law|
|3||sections 109E to 109G and section 109T|
|15||subsections 1274(17) and (18)|
|16||subsections 1288(1), (2) and (6)|
|17||paragraph 1311(1A)(f) and subsection 1311(3A)|
|19||Chapter 11, other than section 1416|
|20||Schedule 4, other than the following provisions: (a) subclauses 7(3), 8(2) and 9(4); (b) clauses 11 to 16; (c) subclause 17(2); (d) clauses 18 and 19; (e) clauses 20, 25 and 27; (f) Parts 5, 6 and 7.|
(7) The regulations may provide that certain provisions are to be taken to be included in, or omitted from, the table in subsection (6). The table then has effect as if the provisions were so included in it or omitted from it.