Commonwealth Numbered Acts
[Search this Act]
CORPORATIONS ACT 2001 - SECT 142
(1) A company must have a registered office in this jurisdiction.
Communications and notices to the company may be addressed to its registered
- Note: A document may be served on a company by leaving it at, or
posting it to, the company's registered office (see subsection 109X(1)).
(2) A company must lodge notice of a change of address of its registered
office with ASIC not later than 14 days after the date on which the change
occurs. The notice must be in the prescribed form.
- Note: If the company is
not to be the occupier of premises at the address of its new
registered office, the notice must state that the occupier has consented to
the address being specified in the notice and has not withdrawn that consent
(see section 100).
(3) A notice of change of address takes effect from the later of:
seventh day after the notice was lodged; or
- a later day specified in the notice as the date from which the change is
to take effect.
AustLII: Copyright Policy