Commonwealth Numbered Acts
[Search this Act]
CORPORATIONS ACT 2001 - SECT 161
Effect of name change
(1) A change of company name does not:
- create a new legal entity; or
- affect the company's existing property, rights or obligations; or
- render defective any legal proceedings by or against the company.
(2) Any legal proceedings that could have been continued or begun by or
against the company in its former name may be continued or begun by or against
it in its new name.
AustLII: Copyright Policy