Commonwealth Numbered Acts
[Search this Act]
CORPORATIONS ACT 2001 - SECT 168
Registers to be maintained
(1) A company or registered scheme must set up and maintain:
- a register
of members (see section 169); and
- if the company or scheme grants options over unissued shares or
interestsa register of option holders and copies of options documents
(see section 170); and
- if the company issues debenturesa register of debenture holders (see
- Note 1: See also section 271 (register of charges).
Note 2: The registers may be kept on computer (see section 1306).
(2) For the purposes of this Chapter, choses in action (including an
undertaking) that fall into one of the exceptions in paragraphs (a), (b),
(e) and (f) of the definition of debenture in section 9 must also be
entered into the register of debenture holders.
AustLII: Copyright Policy