Commonwealth Numbered Acts
[Search this Act]
CORPORATIONS ACT 2001 - SECT 246F
Company must lodge documents and resolutions with ASIC
(1) A company must lodge with ASIC a notice in the prescribed form setting out
particulars of any of the following:
- a division of shares in the company
into classes if the shares were not previously so divided;
- a conversion of shares in a class of shares in the company into shares in
(2) The notice must be lodged within 14 days after the division or conversion.
(3) A public company must lodge with ASIC a copy of each document (including
an agreement or consent) or resolution that:
- does any of the following:
- attaches rights to issued or unissued shares;
- varies or cancels rights attaching to issued or unissued shares;
- varies or cancels rights of members in a class of members of a company
that does not have a share capital;
- binds a class of members; and
- is not already lodged with ASIC.
This also applies to a proprietary company that has applied under
Part 2B.7 to change to a public company, while its application has not
yet been determined .
(4) The document must be lodged within 14 days after it is made. The
resolution must be lodged within 14 days after it is passed.
AustLII: Copyright Policy