Commonwealth Numbered Acts
[Search this Act]
CORPORATIONS ACT 2001 - SECT 250C
Validity of proxy vote
Proxy vote valid even if proxy cannot vote as member
(1) A proxy who is not
entitled to vote on a resolution as a member may vote as a proxy for another
member who can vote if their appointment specifies the way they are to vote on
the resolution and they vote that way.
Proxy vote valid even if member dies,
revokes appointment etc. (replaceable rulesee section 135)
Unless the company has received written notice of the matter before the start
or resumption of the meeting at which a proxy votes, a vote cast by the proxy
will be valid even if, before the proxy votes:
- the appointing member
- the member is mentally incapacitated; or
- the member revokes the proxy's appointment; or
- the member revokes the authority under which the proxy was appointed by a
third party; or
- the member transfers the share in respect of which the proxy was given.
- Note: A proxy's authority to vote is suspended while the member is present at
the meeting (see subsection 249Y(3)).
AustLII: Copyright Policy