Commonwealth Numbered Acts
[Search this Act]
CORPORATIONS ACT 2001 - SECT 250L
When a poll is effectively demanded
(1) At a meeting of a company's members, a poll may be demanded by:
least 5 members entitled to vote on the resolution; or
- members with at least 5% of the votes that may be cast on the resolution
on a poll; or
- the chair.
- Note: A proxy may join in the demand for a poll (see paragraph 249Y(1)(c)).
(2) If a company has a constitution, the constitution may provide that fewer
members or members with a lesser percentage of votes may demand a poll.
(3) The poll may be demanded:
- before a vote is taken; or
- before the voting results on a show of hands are declared; or
- immediately after the voting results on a show of hands are declared.
(4) The percentage of votes that members have is to be worked out as at the
midnight before the poll is demanded.
AustLII: Copyright Policy