Commonwealth Numbered Acts
[Search this Act]
CORPORATIONS ACT 2001 - SECT 253L
When a poll is effectively demanded
(1) At a meeting of a registered scheme's members, a poll may be demanded by:
- at least 5 members present entitled to vote on the resolution; or
- members present with at least 5% of the votes that may be cast on the
resolution on a poll; or
- the chair.
(2) A registered scheme's constitution may provide that fewer members or
members with a lesser percentage of votes may demand a poll.
(3) The poll may be demanded:
- before a vote is taken; or
- before the voting results on a show of hands are declared; or
- immediately after the voting results on a show of hands are declared.
(4) The percentage of votes that members have is to be worked out as at close
of business on the day before the poll is demanded.
AustLII: Copyright Policy