Commonwealth Numbered Acts
[Search this Act]
CORPORATIONS ACT 2001 No. 50, 2001 - SECT 303
Contents of half-year financial report
(1) The financial report for a half-year consists of:
- the financial statements for the half-year; and
- the notes to the financial statements; and
- the directors' declaration about the statements and notes.
(2) The financial statements for the half-year are:
- except where paragraph (b) applies:
- a profit and loss statement for the half-year; and
- a balance sheet as at the end of the half-year; and
- a statement of cash flows for the half-year; and
- if required by the accounting standardsa consolidated profit and
loss statement, balance sheet and statement of cash flows.
Notes to financial statements
(3) The notes to the financial statements are:
- disclosures required by the regulations; and
- notes required by the accounting standards; and
- any other information necessary to give a true and fair view (see
(4) The directors' declaration is a declaration by the
- that the financial statements, and the notes referred to in
paragraph (3)(b), comply with the accounting standards; and
- that the financial statements and notes give a true and fair view (see
section 305); and
- whether, in the directors' opinion, there are reasonable grounds to
believe that the disclosing entity will be able to pay its debts as and when
they become due and payable.
- Note: See paragraph 285(3)(c) for the reference to the debts of a
disclosing entity that is a registered scheme.
(5) The declaration must:
- be made in accordance with a resolution of the
- specify the day on which the declaration is made; and
- be signed by a director.
AustLII: Copyright Policy