Commonwealth Numbered Acts
[Search this Act]
CORPORATIONS ACT 2001 No. 50, 2001 - SECT 421A
Managing controller to report within 2 months about
(1) A managing controller of property of a corporation
must prepare a report about the corporation's affairs that is in the
prescribed form and is made up to a day not later than 30 days before the day
when it is prepared.
(2) The managing controller must prepare and lodge the report within 2 months
after the control day.
(3) As soon as practicable, and in any event within 14 days, after lodging the
report, the managing controller must cause to be published in a national
newspaper, or in each State or Territory in a daily newspaper that circulates
generally in that State or Territory, a notice stating:
- that the report
has been prepared; and
- that a person can, on paying the prescribed fee, inspect the report at
specified offices of ASIC.
(4) If, in the managing controller's opinion, it would seriously prejudice:
- the corporation's interests; or
- the achievement of the objectives for which the controller was appointed,
or entered into possession or assumed control of property of the corporation,
as the case requires;
if particular information that the controller would otherwise include in the
report were made available to the public, the controller need not include the
information in the report.
(5) If the managing controller omits information from the report as permitted
by subsection (4), the controller must include instead a notice:
- stating that certain information has been omitted from the report; and
- summarising what the information is about, but without disclosing the
AustLII: Copyright Policy