the Court or ASIC, as the case may be, may inquire into the matter and, where
the Court or ASIC so inquires, the Court may take such action as it thinks
(2) ASIC may report to the Court any matter that in its opinion is a
misfeasance, neglect or omission on the part of a controller of property of a
corporation and the Court may order the controller to make good any loss that
the estate of the corporation has sustained thereby and may make such other
order or orders as it thinks fit.
(3) The Court may at any time:
- require a controller of property of a
corporation to answer questions about the performance or exercise of any of
the controller's functions and powers as controller; or
- examine a person about the performance or exercise by such a controller of
any of the controller's functions and powers as controller; or
- direct an investigation to be made of such a controller's books.