Commonwealth Numbered Acts
[Search this Act]
CORPORATIONS ACT 2001 No. 50, 2001 - SECT 588F
Certain taxation liabilities taken to be debts
(1) For the purposes of this Part, a company's liability under a remittance
provision to pay to the Commissioner of Taxation an amount equal to a
deduction made by the company, after 1 July 1993, from a payment:
- is taken to be a debt; and
- is taken to have been incurred when the deduction was made.
(2) In this section:
"remittance provision" means any of the following provisions of the
Income Tax Assessment Act 1936 :
- section 221F (except subsection 221F(12)) or section 221G
(except subsection 221G(4A));
- subsection 221YHDC(2);
- subsection 221YHZD(1) or (1A);
- subsection 221YN(1);
or any of the provisions of Subdivision 16-B in Schedule 1 to the
Taxation Administration Act 1953 .
(3) This section is not intended to limit the generality of a reference in
this Act to a debt or to incurring a debt.
AustLII: Copyright Policy