Commonwealth Numbered Acts
[Search this Act]
CORPORATIONS ACT 2001 No. 50, 2001 - SECT 596AB
Entering into agreements or transactions to avoid employee
(1) A person must not enter into a relevant agreement or a
transaction with the intention of, or with intentions that include the
- preventing the recovery of the entitlements of employees
of a company; or
- significantly reducing the amount of the entitlements of employees of a
company that can be recovered.
(2) Subsection (1) applies even if:
- the company is not a party to
the agreement or transaction; or
- the agreement or transaction is approved by a court.
(3) A reference in this section to a relevant agreement or a transaction
includes a reference to:
- a relevant agreement and a transaction; and
- a series or combination of:
- relevant agreements or transactions; or
- relevant agreements; or
(4) If a person contravenes this section by incurring a debt (within the
meaning of section 588G), the incurring of the debt and the contravention
are linked for the purposes of this Act.
AustLII: Copyright Policy