Commonwealth Numbered Acts
[Search this Act]
CORPORATIONS ACT 2001 No. 50, 2001 - SECT 600B
Review by Court of resolution of creditors passed on casting
vote of person presiding at meeting
(1) This section applies if, because the
person presiding at the meeting exercises a casting vote, a resolution is
passed at a meeting of creditors of a company held:
- under Part 5.3A
or a deed of company arrangement executed by the company; or
- in connection with winding up the company.
(2) A person may apply to the Court for an order setting aside or varying the
resolution, but only if:
- the person voted against the resolution in some
capacity (even if the person voted for the resolution in another capacity); or
- a person voted against the resolution on the first-mentioned person's
(3) On an application, the Court may:
- by order set aside or vary the
- if it does somake such further orders, and give such directions, as
it thinks necessary.
(4) On and after the making of an order varying the resolution, the resolution
has effect as varied by the order.
AustLII: Copyright Policy