Commonwealth Numbered Acts
[Search this Act]
CORPORATIONS ACT 2001 No. 50, 2001 - SECT 601BA
Bodies corporate may be registered as certain types of
(1) A body corporate that is not a company or corporation sole may
be registered under this Act as a company of one of the following types:
- a proprietary company limited by shares;
- an unlimited proprietary company with share capital;
- a public company limited by shares;
- a company limited by guarantee;
- an unlimited public company with share capital;
- a no liability company.
(2) A body corporate may be registered as a no liability company only if:
- the body has a share capital; and
- the body's constitution states that its sole objects are mining purposes;
- under the constitution the body has no contractual right to recover calls
made on its shares from a member who fails to pay them.
- Note: Section 9 defines mining purposes and minerals .
AustLII: Copyright Policy