Commonwealth Numbered Acts
[Search this Act]
CORPORATIONS ACT 2001 No. 50, 2001 - SECT 601FE
Duties of employees of responsible entity
(1) An employee of the responsible entity of a registered scheme must not:
- make use of information acquired through being an employee of the
responsible entity in order to:
- gain an improper advantage for the employee or another person; or
- cause detriment to members of the scheme; or
- make improper use of their position as an employee to gain, directly or
indirectly, an advantage for themselves or for any other person or to cause
detriment to the members of the scheme.
- Note: Subsection (1) is a civil penalty provision as defined in
section 1317DA and Part 9.4B provides for civil and criminal
consequences of contravening it.
(2) A duty of an employee of the responsible entity under subsection (1)
overrides any conflicting duty the employee has under Part 2D.1.
AustLII: Copyright Policy