Commonwealth Numbered Acts
[Search this Act]
CORPORATIONS ACT 2001 No. 50, 2001 - SECT 601GC
Changing the constitution
(1) The constitution of a registered scheme may be modified, or repealed and
replaced with a new constitution:
- by special resolution of the members
of the scheme; or
- by the responsible entity if the responsible entity reasonably considers
the change will not adversely affect members' rights.
(2) The responsible entity must lodge with ASIC a copy of the modification or
the new constitution. The modification, or repeal and replacement, cannot take
effect until the copy has been lodged.
(3) The responsible entity must lodge with ASIC a consolidated copy of the
scheme's constitution if ASIC directs it to do so.
(4) The responsible entity must send a copy of the scheme's constitution to a
member of the scheme within 7 days if the member:
- asks the
responsible entity, in writing, for the copy; and
- pays any fee (up to the prescribed amount) required by the responsible
AustLII: Copyright Policy