Commonwealth Numbered Acts
[Search this Act]
CORPORATIONS ACT 2001 No. 50, 2001 - SECT 604
Chapter extends to listed managed investment schemes
(1) This Chapter applies to the acquisition of relevant interests in the
interests in a registered scheme that is also listed as if:
- the scheme
were a listed company; and
- interests in the scheme were shares in the company; and
- voting interests in the scheme were voting shares in the company; and
- a meeting of the members of the scheme were a general meeting of the
- the obligations and powers that are imposed or conferred on the company
were imposed or conferred on the responsible entity; and
- the directors of the responsible entity were the directors of the company;
- the appointment of a responsible entity for the scheme were the election
of a director of the company; and
- the scheme's constitution were the company's constitution.
- Note 1: Paragraph (g): See subsection 610(2).
Note 2: Section 9 defines voting interest in a managed investment scheme.
(2) The regulations may modify the operation of this Chapter as it applies in
relation to the acquisition of interests in listed managed investment schemes.
AustLII: Copyright Policy