Commonwealth Numbered Acts
[Search this Act]
CORPORATIONS ACT 2001 No. 50, 2001 - SECT 650C
Off-market bidsextension of offer period
(1) A bidder making an off-market bid may extend the offer period at any time
before the end of the offer period.
(2) If the bid is subject to a defeating condition, the bidder may extend the
offer period after the publication of the notice under subsection 630(3) only
if one of the following happens after the publication:
- another person
lodges with ASIC a bidder's statement for a takeover bid for securities in the
- another person announces a takeover bid for securities in the bid class;
(c) another person makes offers under a takeover bid for securities in the bid
- the consideration for offers under another takeover bid for securities in
the bid class is improved.
- Note: Section 624 says how long the total offer period can be.
AustLII: Copyright Policy