Commonwealth Numbered Acts
[Search this Act]
CORPORATIONS ACT 2001 No. 50, 2001 - SECT 657EA
Internal Panel reviews
(1) The following may apply under this section for review by the Panel of a
decision of the Panel made on an application under section 657C:
party to the proceedings in which the decision was made; or
For these purposes, decision has the same meaning as in the
Administrative Appeals Tribunal Act 1975 .
(2) If the decision is not:
- a decision to make a declaration under
section 657A; or
- a decision to make an order under section 657D or 657E;
the person may apply for review only with the consent of the President of the
(3) The regulations may provide for the time limits within which an
application may be made for review of a decision.
- Note: Regulations made
under the ASIC Act deal with the constitution of the Panel for the purposes of
conducting a review under this section and the procedures to be followed in
conducting the review.
(4) After conducting a review under this section, the Panel may:
the decision reviewed; or
- set aside the decision reviewed; or
- set aside the decision reviewed and substitute a new decision.
In conducting the review, the Panel has the same power to make a declaration
under section 657A, or an order under section 657D or 657E, as it
has when it is considering an application under section 657C.
AustLII: Copyright Policy