Commonwealth Numbered Acts
[Search this Act]
CORPORATIONS ACT 2001 No. 50, 2001 - SECT 666B
Statutory procedure for completion
(1) Under this section, the person acquiring the securities must:
the company that issued the securities a copy of the compulsory acquisition
notice under section 661B or 664C together with a transfer of the
- signed as transferor by someone appointed by the person acquiring the
- signed as transferee by the person acquiring the securities; and
- pay, issue or transfer the consideration for the transfer to the company
that issued the securities.
The person appointed under subparagraph (a)(i) has authority to sign the
transfer on behalf of the holder of the securities.
(2) If the person acquiring the securities complies with subsection (1),
the company that issued the securities must:
- register the person as the
holder of the securities; and
- hold the consideration received under subsection (1) in trust for the
person who held the securities immediately before registration; and
- give written notice to the person referred to in paragraph (b) as
soon as practicable that the consideration has been received and is being held
by the company pending their instructions as to how it is to be dealt with.
(3) If the consideration held under subsection (2) consists of, or
includes, money, that money must be paid into a bank account opened and
maintained for that purpose only.
AustLII: Copyright Policy