Commonwealth Numbered Acts
[Search this Act]
CORPORATIONS ACT 2001 No. 50, 2001 - SECT 672F
(1) A person who contravenes section 672B is liable to compensate a
person for any loss or damage the person suffers because of the contravention.
(2) It is a defence in proceedings brought under this section if the person
who contravenes section 672B proves that they contravened that section:
- because of inadvertence or mistake; or
- because they were not aware of a relevant fact or occurrence.
In determining whether the defence is available, disregard the person's
ignorance of, or a mistake on the person's part concerning, a matter of law.
(3) If 2 or more persons each contravene section 672B because of the same
act or omission, their liability under this section for the contravention is
joint and individual.
AustLII: Copyright Policy