Commonwealth Numbered Acts
[Search this Act]
CORPORATIONS ACT 2001 No. 50, 2001 - SECT 712
Prospectus contentshort form prospectuses
Prospectus may simply refer to material lodged with ASIC
(1) Instead of
setting out information that is contained in a document that has been lodged
with ASIC, a prospectus may simply refer to the document. The reference must:
- identify the document or the part of the document that contains the
- inform people of their right to obtain a copy of the document (or part)
under subsection (5).
(2) The reference must also include:
- if the information is primarily of
interest to professional analysts or advisers or investors with similar
specialist information needs:
- a description of the contents of the document (or part); and
- a statement to the effect that the information in the document (or part)
is primarily of interest to those people; or
- in any other casesufficient information about the contents of the
document to allow a person to whom the offer is made to decide whether to
obtain a copy of the document (or part).
(3) The document (or part) referred to under subsection (1) is taken to
be included in the prospectus.
(4) A person who wishes to take advantage of subsection (1) may lodge a
document with ASIC even if this Act does not require the document to be
(5) If the prospectus is taken to include a document, or part of a document,
under subsection (1), the person making the offer must give a copy of the
document (or part) free of charge to anyone who asks for it during the
application period of the prospectus.
AustLII: Copyright Policy