(1) The Children's Guardian may, by notice in writing, request that a person provide the Children's Guardian with information (including documents) relevant to the exercise of its functions relating to the employment of children.
(2) A notice under subsection (1) may be given for the purposes of:(a) preparing submissions to the Supreme Court under this Act, or(b) investigating a complaint relating to the employment of children.
(3) A person to whom any such request is given is by this section authorised to provide the Children's Guardian with the information requested.
(4) A notice under this section may specify a day on or before which the notice is to be complied with.
(5) If documents are given to the Children's Guardian under this section, the Children's Guardian:(a) may take possession of, and make copies of or take extracts from, the documents, and(b) may keep possession of the documents for such period as is necessary for the purposes of preparing the submission or investigating the complaint, and(c) during that period must permit them to be inspected at all reasonable times by the persons who would be entitled to inspect them if they were not in the possession of the Children's Guardian.