"contact variation agreement" is an agreement to vary the terms of a contact order in the light of a change in any relevant circumstances since the contact order was made or last varied.
(2) A contact variation agreement must--(a) be in writing, and(b) be signed and dated by those parties to the proceedings in which the contact order was made who are affected by the variation and, if the contact variation agreement is made less than 12 months after the contact order was made, the legal representative of the child or young person, and(c) be registered with the Children's Court by those parties within 28 days after the date on which the agreement was signed.
(3) The contact variation agreement is taken to be registered with the Children's Court when filed with the registry of the Court without the need for any order or other action by the Court.
(4) The contact variation agreement takes effect only if (and when) it is registered.
(5) The contact variation agreement has effect from the date of registration until the end of the period specified in the variation agreement.
(6) Nothing in this section prevents the variation of a contact order under section 90.