New South Wales Consolidated Acts
[Search this Act]
EDUCATION ACT 1990 - SECT 31A
(1) The Secretary may, by order published in the Gazette, fix the fees to be
paid by overseas students, or classes of overseas students, at
(2) The Secretary is to cause an order under this section
to be placed on the Department's website.
(3) The Secretary may exempt an
overseas student, or class of overseas students, from the requirement to pay a
fee in accordance with this section, or refund all or any part of such a fee,
in such circumstances as the Secretary considers appropriate.
overseas student is not entitled to receive instruction, or to participate in
school activities, at a government school, unless any fee payable by the
student under this section has been paid.
(5) The Secretary may terminate the
enrolment of an overseas student at a government school if a fee that is
required to be paid under this section in relation to the overseas student has
not been paid.
(6) Any fee that is due but not paid under this section may be
recovered by the Secretary as a debt in a court of competent jurisdiction.
(7) This section has effect despite anything to the contrary in the
Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 .
AustLII: Copyright Policy