(cf previous s 94A)
(1) A consent authority may impose, as a condition of development consent, a requirement that the applicant pay a levy of the percentage, authorised by a contributions plan, of the proposed cost of carrying out the development.
(2) A consent authority cannot impose as a condition of the same development consent a condition under this section as well as a condition under section 7.11.
(2A) A consent authority cannot impose a condition under this section in relation to development on land within a special contributions area without the approval of--(a) the Minister, or(b) a development corporation designated by the Minister to give approvals under this subsection.
(3) Money required to be paid by a condition imposed under this section is to be applied towards the provision, extension or augmentation of public amenities or public services (or towards recouping the cost of their provision, extension or augmentation). The application of the money is subject to any relevant provisions of the contributions plan.
(4) A condition imposed under this section is not invalid by reason only that there is no connection between the development the subject of the development consent and the object of expenditure of any money required to be paid by the condition.
(5) The regulations may make provision for or with respect to levies under this section, including--(a) the means by which the proposed cost of carrying out development is to be estimated or determined, and(b) the maximum percentage of a levy.