(1) An applicant may request the council to review a determination of the applicant's application.
(2) The request for a review must be made within 28 days after the date of the determination.
(3) An approved fee must, if required by the council, be paid in connection with a request for a review.
(4) The council may review the determination and, as a consequence of its review, may confirm or change the determination.
(4A) The decision whether or not to review the determination must not be made by the person who made the determination, unless that person was the council, but is to be made by a person who is qualified under subsection (5) to make the review.
(5) If the council reviews the determination, the review must be made by--(a) if the determination was made by a delegate of the council--the council or another delegate of the council who is not subordinate to the delegate who made the determination, or(b) if the determination was made by the council--the council.
(6) The council must give notice of the result of the review to the applicant as soon as practicable after the review.
(7) The date of review must be endorsed on the notice.
(8) If, as a consequence of a review, the council changes a determination, the changed determination replaces the earlier determination as from the date of the review.
(9) A determination on a review may not be further reviewed under this section.