(1) A person whose name is on the roll kept under Division 2 of Part 6 for a ward is entitled to vote--(a) at an election of councillors for the ward, and(b) at an election of the mayor by all the electors of the area.
(2) A person who changes his or her name from that on the roll may, until the roll is corrected, vote under the enrolled name.
(3) The right of an enrolled person to vote at an election is not affected by--(a) a change of residence within a ward or within an area that is not divided into wards, or(b) a change in the qualification that entitles an enrolled person to vote.
(4) A person who--(a) is qualified in respect of more than one parcel of land to be enrolled for a ward, and(b) is enrolled in respect of only one of the parcels, and(c) ceases to be qualified in respect of that parcel,is not disqualified from voting at an election held while the person is enrolled in respect of that parcel if the returning officer is satisfied that the person is then qualified in respect of another of the parcels.
(5) This section does not confer a right to vote at an election on a person who by or under this Act is disqualified from voting, or is not qualified to vote, at the election.