(1) At least 18 months before the next ordinary election of councillors for a council, the council must resolve--(a) to enter into an arrangement with the Electoral Commissioner, by contract or otherwise, for the Electoral Commissioner to administer elections of the council (as provided by section 296), or(b) that the elections of the council are to be administered by an electoral services provider engaged by the council.
(2) A resolution referred to in subsection (1)(b) must include the following information--(a) whether the general manager has identified an electoral services provider to be engaged for the next ordinary election of councillors and, if so, the name of that provider,(b) any other information required by the regulations.
(3) As soon as practicable after the making of a resolution referred to in subsection (1)(b), the general manager of the council must publish a copy of the resolution on the council's website.
(4) If a council fails to comply with subsection (1), the general manager of the council must publish a notice of that failure on the council's website.
(5) Despite the other provisions of this section, a council may make a resolution under subsection (1) on or before 1 October 2019 for the purposes of an arrangement that includes the ordinary election of councillors in 2020.