(1) A resolution passed by a council may not be altered or rescinded except by a motion to that effect of which notice has been duly given in accordance with the council's code of meeting practice.
(2) If notice of motion to rescind a resolution is given at the meeting at which the resolution is carried, the resolution must not be carried into effect until the motion of rescission has been dealt with.
(3) If a motion has been negatived by a council, a motion having the same effect must not be considered unless notice of it has been duly given in accordance with the council's code of meeting practice.
(4) A notice of motion to alter or rescind a resolution, and a notice of motion which has the same effect as a motion which has been negatived by the council, must be signed by 3 councillors if less than 3 months has elapsed since the resolution was passed, or the motion was negatived, as the case may be.
(5) If a motion to alter or rescind a resolution has been negatived, or if a motion which has the same effect as a previously negatived motion, is negatived, no similar motion may be brought forward within 3 months. This subsection may not be evaded by substituting a motion differently worded, but in principle the same.
(6) A motion to which this section applies may be moved on the report of a committee of the council and any such report must be recorded in the minutes of the meeting of the council.
(7) The provisions of this section concerning negatived motions do not apply to motions of adjournment.