(1) Within 5 months after the end of each year, a council must prepare a report (its
"annual report" ) for that year reporting as to its achievements in implementing its delivery program and the effectiveness of the principal activities undertaken in achieving the objectives at which those principal activities are directed.
(2) The annual report in the year in which an ordinary election of councillors is to be held must also report as to the council's achievements in implementing the community strategic plan over the previous 4 years.
(3) An annual report must be prepared in accordance with the guidelines under section 406.
(4) An annual report must contain the following--(a) a copy of the council's audited financial reports prepared in accordance with the Local Government Code of Accounting Practice and Financial Reporting published by the Department, as in force from time to time,(b) such other information or material as the regulations or the guidelines under section 406 may require,(c) a statement of the action taken by the council in relation to any issue raised by the Anti-slavery Commissioner during the year concerning the operations of the council and identified by the Commissioner as being a significant issue,(d) a statement of steps taken to ensure that goods and services procured by and for the council during the year were not the product of modern slavery within the meaning of the Modern Slavery Act 2018 .
(5) A copy of the council's annual report must be posted on the council's website and provided to the Minister and such other persons and bodies as the regulations may require. A copy of a council's annual report may be provided to the Minister by notifying the Minister of the appropriate URL link to access the report on the council's website.