(1) An environmental upgrade charge is to be paid within 28 days after notice of the charge is served on the person liable to pay it.
(2) When an environmental upgrade charge is paid to a council, the council may deduct from the payment, and retain, any amount that the council is authorised to deduct and retain as a council fee under the agreement.
(3) Money paid to a council in respect of an environmental upgrade charge, other than any council fee retained by the council, may be held, pending its payment to the finance provider to which it is to be paid, in the council's trust fund in trust for the finance provider.
(4) A separate account is to be established in the council's trust fund for money paid in respect of environmental upgrade charges.
(5) Money paid to a council in respect of an environmental upgrade charge does not form part of the council's general income under Part 2 of Chapter 15.