(1) A council must, on request, provide a person who is liable to pay an annual charge for coastal protection services with a report prepared by an independent person on the cost to the council of providing those services.
(2) A request for a report under subsection (1) is to be accompanied by a fee determined by the council to cover the council's reasonable costs in providing the report.
(3) If a council provides a report to a person under subsection (1) the council is to make the report available to all other persons liable to pay an annual charge in relation to the same services.
(4) A council is not required to provide a report under subsection (1) to a person if the council has in the previous 3 years provided or made available to the person such a report in relation to the same coastal protection services.
(5) Despite subsection (2), a fee is not required to accompany the following requests--(a) a request made during the first year that an annual charge is made and levied on the relevant parcel of land,(b) a request made during the year following an increase in the annual charge by a percentage that is greater than the percentage specified in an order under section 506 for the year concerned.