(1) The Grants Commission is to consist of 4 commissioners appointed by the Governor.
(2) Of the commissioners--(a) 3 are to be persons nominated by the Minister, and(b) the other is to be a person employed in the Department.
(3) At least 2 of the commissioners must be persons who are or have been associated with local government in New South Wales, either as members of a council or in some other way.
(4) One of the persons referred to in subsection (2)(a) is to be appointed as the chairperson of the Grants Commission.
(5) The commissioner referred to in subsection (2)(b) is to be the deputy chairperson of the Grants Commission.
(6) Schedule 5 has effect with respect to the commissioners and the procedure of the Grants Commission.