(1) The Minister may, from time to time, request the Grants Commission to report on any matter that the Minister specifies.
(2) The Grants Commission must comply with such a request as soon as practicable after it is made.
(3) The Grants Commission may require a council to provide any information which may, in the opinion of the Commission, assist it in complying with such a request.
(4) A requirement to provide information may specify the form in which, the period within which and the person to whom the information is to be provided.
(5) A council must comply with such a requirement to the extent that it is able to do so.