(1) A person must not do any water supply work, sewerage work or stormwater drainage work unless the person--(a) is the holder of an endorsed licence or supervisor certificate in force under the Home Building Act 1989 authorising the holder to do (and to supervise) work of the kind concerned, or(b) is the holder of a tradesperson certificate in force under the Home Building Act 1989 authorising the holder to do that kind of work under supervision and does that work under the general supervision of the holder of a licence or certificate referred to in paragraph (a), or(c) does the work under the immediate supervision of a person referred to in paragraph (a).: Maximum penalty--100 penalty units.
(2) A person who employs (or uses the services of) another person to do any water supply work, sewerage work or stormwater drainage work is guilty of an offence if the person knows that the other person, in doing the work, contravenes subsection (1).: Maximum penalty--100 penalty units.
(3) Subsections (1) and (2) do not apply to or in respect of--(a) anything done in a part of an area that is not provided, or is not in the course of being provided, with a public water supply scheme or sewerage scheme, or(b) a council employee who, in the normal course of his or her duties, taps a water main, extends a water main, connects a service pipe to a water main, taps a sewer, attaches a house drain to a sewer, extends a sewer or fixes, alters or removes a council meter.
(4) A person who, in doing any water supply work, sewerage work or stormwater drainage work, uses, connects or installs a pipe, fitting, fixture or other thing in contravention of any requirement or specification contained in the regulations or other prescribed standard for water supply works, sewerage works or stormwater drainage works is guilty of an offence.Maximum penalty (subsection (4)): 20 penalty units.
(5) Subsection (4) does not apply in respect of work that is plumbing and drainage work within the meaning of the Plumbing and Drainage Act 2011 .Note : The Plumbing and Drainage Act 2011 sets out standards and other requirements for plumbing and drainage work within the meaning of that Act.