(1) The Minister for Water, Property and Housing (the
"appointing Minister" ) may, with the concurrence of the Minister for Local Government, by order published in the Gazette, appoint an administrator to exercise all the functions under this Division, or specified functions under this Act, of a council.
(1A) If more than one administrator is appointed, each administrator has the functions of the council specified in the instrument of appointment.
(2) Such an order may not be made until after a public inquiry concerning the exercise by the council of the relevant functions has been held.
(3) The appointment of one or more persons as a commissioner or commissioners to hold the public inquiry may, despite Part 8 of Chapter 13, be made by the Minister for Water, Property and Housing with the concurrence of the Minister for Local Government.
(4) An administrator is to be paid a salary determined by the appointing Minister, with the concurrence of the Minister for Local Government, from the council's funds.
(5) An administrator has, during the administrator's term of office and to the exclusion of the council, the functions the administrator was appointed to exercise.
(5A) If more than one administrator is appointed for a council, the appointing Minister may give directions for the purpose of resolving any issues that arise as a result of there being more than one administrator.
(6) The regulations may make provision for or with respect to--• the appointment and term of office of an administrator• an administrator's accommodation, and the accommodation of persons assisting the administrator, at the offices of the council• the assistance to be rendered to an administrator by the council's employees.