New South Wales Consolidated Acts

[Index] [Table] [Search] [Search this Act] [Notes] [Noteup] [Previous] [Next] [Download] [Help]



730 Compensation

(1) A claim for compensation under section 12(5) of the Graffiti Control Act 2008 or section 128 or 198 of this Act, in case of dispute, may by agreement between the council and the person claiming the compensation be referred to arbitration under the Commercial Arbitration Act 2010 .
(2) Failing agreement within 28 days after notice of the claim is served on the council, either party may refer the claim to the Land and Environment Court for determination.
(3) The Land and Environment Court may hear and determine the matter and make any order with respect to the claim and the costs of the case as having regard to the circumstances of the case and to the public interest the Court thinks just.

AustLII: Copyright Policy | Disclaimers | Privacy Policy | Feedback