(1) The council may, before it determines or is taken to have determined an application, request an applicant to provide it with more information that is reasonably necessary to enable the proper determination of the application.
(2) The request must be made within 21 days after the council receives the application.
(3) The information must be provided within a reasonable period specified by the council for the purpose, subject to subsection (4).
(4) The period of time that elapses between the date of the council's request and the date on which--(a) the information is provided, or(b) the applicant notifies the council that the information will not be provided, or(c) the period specified by the council ends,whichever is the sooner, is not to be taken into consideration in calculating the period referred to in section 105.
(5) A second or subsequent request for information may be made by the council, but such a request has no effect for the purposes of section 105.