(1) An approval may be granted subject to a condition that the applicant provides to the council security for the payment of the cost of either or both of the following--(a) making good any damage that may be caused to any council property as a consequence of doing or not doing any thing to which the approval relates,(b) completing any works (other than works prescribed by the regulations) that may be required in connection with the approval.Note : Works the completion of which may be required in connection with an approval could include footpaths, kerbing and guttering, road works, trunk drainage and environmental controls.
(2) The security is to be for such reasonable amount as is determined by the council and specified in the condition.
(3) The security may be provided, at the applicant's choice, by--(a) a deposit with the council, or(b) a guarantee satisfactory to the council.
(4) Security provided by way of deposit may be paid out to meet any cost referred to in subsection (1).
(5) A security deposit (or part) if repaid to the person who provided it is to be repaid with any interest accrued on the deposit (or part) as a consequence of its investment.