New South Wales Consolidated Acts
[Search this Act]
LEGAL PROFESSION UNIFORM LAW APPLICATION ACT 2014 - SECT 34
Councils to submit annual report
34 Councils to submit annual report
(1) As soon as practicable after 30 June (but on or before 31 December) in
each year, the Bar Council and the Law Society Council are each required to
prepare and forward to the Attorney General a report of their work and
activities under this Act for the 12 months ending on 30 June in that year.
(2) The Attorney General is to lay the reports, or cause them to be laid,
before both Houses of Parliament as soon as practicable after receiving the
(3) A Council is to include the following information in its annual
(a) information about the costs incurred by the Council during the
reporting year in relation to its regulatory functions, as certified by an
(b) in the case of the Law Society Council--the total amount paid
from the Public Purpose Fund and the Fidelity Fund during the year,
other information as may be prescribed by the regulations or as the Attorney
General directs to be included.
(4) Matters included in a report must not
identify individual Australian lawyers unless their names have already
lawfully been made public under Part 12.
(5) This section does not affect any
other provision of this Act requiring a report to be made to the Attorney
AustLII: Copyright Policy