New South Wales Consolidated Acts
[Search this Act]
LAND TAX MANAGEMENT ACT 1956 - SECT 9
9 Taxable value
(1) Land tax is payable by the owner of land on the taxable value of all the
land owned by that owner which is not exempt from taxation under this Act.
(2) The taxable value of that land is the total sum of the average value of
each parcel of that land.
(3) The average value of a parcel of land is to be
calculated, as provided for by section 9AA, on the basis of the land value of
(4) The land value of land, in relation to a land tax year, is the
value entered in the Register as the land value of the land as at 1 July in
the previous year.
(5) The fact that there is no land value entered in the
Register on 31 December in a year as the land value of the land as at 1 July
in that year does not prevent land tax being levied and charged and becoming
payable for any following tax year once that land value is entered in the
Register and the average value is ascertained.
AustLII: Copyright Policy