In this Schedule:
"member" means a member of the Advisory Board.
The procedure for the calling of meetings of the Advisory Board and for the conduct of business at those meetings is, subject to this Act and the regulations, to be as determined by the Advisory Board.
The quorum for a meeting of the Advisory Board is a majority of members for the time being (excluding any member who has been granted leave by the Advisory Board).
(1) The Chairperson is to preside at a meeting of the Advisory Board.
(2) In the absence of the Chairperson, another member elected to chair the meeting by the members present at the meeting is to preside at the meeting.
(3) The person presiding at any meeting of the Advisory Board has a deliberative vote and, in the event of an equality of votes, has a second or casting vote.
A decision supported by a majority of the votes cast at a meeting of the Advisory Board at which a quorum is present is the decision of the Advisory Board.
(1) The Advisory Board may, if it thinks fit, transact any of its business by the circulation of papers among all the members for the time being, and a resolution in writing approved in writing by a majority of those members is taken to be a decision of the Advisory Board at a meeting of the Advisory Board.
(2) The Advisory Board may, if it thinks fit, transact any of its business at a meeting at which the members (or some of them) participate by telephone, closed-circuit television or other means, but only if any member who speaks on a matter before the meeting can be heard by the other members.
(3) For the purposes of:(a) the approval of a resolution under subclause (1), or(b) a meeting held in accordance with subclause (2),the Chairperson and each member have the same voting rights as they have at an ordinary meeting of the Advisory Board.
(4) A resolution approved under subclause (1) is, subject to the regulations, to be recorded in the minutes of the Advisory Board.
(5) Papers may be circulated among the members for the purposes of subclause (1) by facsimile or other transmission of the information in the papers concerned.
(1) A person authorised by the Advisory Board or the Chairperson may attend a meeting of the Advisory Board, and may participate in the meeting to the extent that the Advisory Board determines.
(2) A person attending a meeting of the Advisory Board under this clause cannot cast a vote at the meeting.
The Minister is to call the first meeting of the Advisory Board in such manner as the Minister thinks fit.