New South Wales Consolidated Acts
[Search this Act]
PARLIAMENTARY ELECTORATES AND ELECTIONS ACT 1912 - SECT 43
Prohibition of disclosure or commercial use of enrolment information
43 Prohibition of disclosure or commercial use of enrolment information
(1) For the purposes of this section, enrolment information is protected
information in relation to a person if the person knows, or has reasonable
grounds for believing, that the information has been provided under section 40
(2) A person must not disclose protected information unless the
disclosure would be a use of the information for a permitted purpose under
(3) A person must not use protected information for a commercial
(4) Without limiting subsection (3), protected information is used
for a commercial purpose if it is sold or offered for sale.
(3) does not apply to the use of protected information provided under section
41 for a commercial purpose where that use is in accordance with or is
implicit in the finding of the Electoral Commissioner under that section
concerning the public interest in providing the information.
1,000 penalty units.
AustLII: Copyright Policy